Recent Family Picture
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Passing Time (Magdalena)
A couple of days ago, Luisa and I realized how much free time we were going to have here. We were getting bored of sitting around waiting for the next thing to happen and we needed something to do. We asked our host family if there was any place to buy yarn and needles to knit and they said there was a store a few blocks away. So we went. It turns out it was a little craft store. It was the kind of little store where you can't walk around, you just ask for what you want and they show you what they have. We asked to see their yarn so the woman there went into the next room and brought out three different skeins, each a different type of yarn. We told her which type we wanted and then she went back into the other room and brought out a whole trash bag full of different colors (most were variegated) of that type of yarn. Luisa and I each picked out the color we wanted and then we asked her for needles. We paid and then the woman there brought out some crafting thread stuff that she showed us how to make bracelets with. Then she let us keep it so we could finish it on the way home. Everyone here is so nice :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm really glad that you two are finding things to keep you out of trouble. Otherwise, I'd be worried. Ha. Can I put in an order for some socks, size nine?
ReplyDeleteHave you tried the puzzle of the day at http://www.jigzone.com/ ?
ReplyDelete