Recent Family Picture

Recent Family Picture

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Snorkeling (Magadalena)

On Sunday I snorkeled for the first time. It was really scary because I didn't know how to breathe in and out of my mouth. I kept trying to breathe in my nose and I couldn't so I freaked out and started breathing really fast in and out of my nose which I couldn't do and then I freaked out more and went to the surface. Then I took the tube out of my mouth and accidentally got salt water in my mouth which is gross. And I was still was breathing really fast which made me lose all my energy and so then I struggled back to shore. I took off the mask, put it on a rock and was going to go swim, but my mom said that I had to try again because there was such cool stuff on the bottom. I put on the mask again and practiced breathing in and out of my nose slowly and then I went under. Wow, it was really easy! Then when I looked around on the bottom I saw all shapes and sizes of fish and lots of sea urchins and then I saw a huge sea turtle! It was about 3 feet long and just about 5 feet under me! I went above the water and yelled fast to my mom with the tube still in my mouth, "tortuga! tortuga! tortuga! tortuga! tortuga! tortuga!" She came over and we both floated above it watching it eat for a while. So cool!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you gave snorkeling a second chance. Seeing what's underwater is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete