Recent Family Picture
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Langosta (Magdalena)
We have had some very good lobster here so far. We've eaten it five times, prepared three different ways: seviche twice, fried twice and once it was cooked in soup. Each time I enjoyed it a lot. Last Friday we had lobster that was cooked in soup for lunch. It was very good but a couple hours later a few of us were going to go on a walk so I stood up to leave and all of a sudden I had a really bad stomach ache. So, I decided to stay home. I went to my bed to lay down and after lying there for ten minutes I felt my normal self again. Then, last Sunday we had lobster seviche for lunch. It was so good that I had seconds. Then about an hour later we went for a walk. We had been walking for about ten minutes when all of a sudden I got a horrible stomach ache. I stopped walking and sat down for a while. After sitting for five minutes I didn't feel any better so I walked over to a park bench and laid down. Once I had been laying down for a couple of minutes I felt my normal self again so I stood up and we walked home. On the way home my mom and I thought back to my stomach ache on Friday and what we had eaten. Lobster. Well that didn't make sense why I had gotten a stomach ache the past two times but not the first two times. Since I was feeling back to my normal self again I decided not to worry about it but if I had a third stomach ache after eating lobster than I would stop eating it. So then last night me, my mom, Luisa, Kassandra and Isabel (the two other volunteers staying at our house) went to bailoterapia (kind of like Zumba) at seven. When we came back I was starving and really excited about having fried lobster for supper (that's my favorite way to eat lobster). I gobbled it up and wanted seconds but there wasn't anymore so I asked for more potato salad but there wasn't anymore so I asked for more rice but there wasn't anymore so I showered. At about 11:20 I woke up because my saliva started getting thick and gross like I was about to throw up so I drank some water to wash it down. Then it came back so I got up and went to the bathroom. I had just lifted up the toilet seat when a bunch of puke sprayed out of my mouth. I hadn't had enough time to turn the light on so the puke didn't go in the toilet. I reached behind me and turned on the light just in time so I could puke again. My rice and potato salad and lobster kept coming out until there wasn't any left. Then, with puke in my hair, I went and woke up my mom so she could clean up the mess and I got in the shower with my pajamas on and I washed my hair. I can now proudly say that I am allergic to something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your allergy and your great descriptive writing!
ReplyDelete