On Sunday we went to León Dormido (Kicker Rock) to snorkel. The waves were pretty big, the current was strong and the water wasn't clear so we didn't snorkel there. We went in the boat a couple minutes away to Isla De Lobos (Sea Lion Island) instead. There weren't any sharks and manta rays to see there like there would've been at León Dormido but there were lots of different kinds of fish and they were all really close to us since we were in shallow water (4-8 ft). There was a huge school of tiny fish that was really fun to watch because they would all change direction at the exact same time as if they had a choreographed dance. There were a few fish with yellow lips. There were some big fish but they were boring so I didn't watch them long. There were sea urchins on the rocks. There were lots of rocks.
I was looking at one of the fish with the yellow lips when all of a sudden something bigger swam right in front of me. I thought it was probably a person but it seemed to have swam by really fast. I turned my head to where it had gone. It was a lobo! This lobo continued to follow our group and swim around with us. A couple times it swam right at me looking me straight in the eye and then when its nose was a couple inches from my face it would turn away. Also, Kassandra was diving and kind of playing with the lobo. She would dive and the lobo would go down and show her some tricks. She got a couple of pictures of the guy that I haven't seen yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment